Arthritis of the knee joint (chasing) is a disease characterized by inflammation inside the joint or in the periarticular region. It arises as a result of complications after colds, the appearance of infections in the body, poor heredity, etc. Development leads to impaired knee function. The inflammatory process is associated with pain, stiffness, swelling of the joint and adjacent tissues. Depending on the degree of development, knee arthritis leads to discomfort that occurs during movement, and in the later stages to severe pain and immobility of the patient.
The lack of treatment becomes the reason leading to a deterioration in the quality of life, and the appearance of severe forms leads to disability of patients. Timely untimely measures to stabilize and normalize natural processes lead to the rapid and complete destruction of bone tissue. This is due to the heavy load to which the joint is exposed daily. In this regard, the proper organization of treatment and the formation of the necessary conditions is an important task for the doctor and relatives of the patient with arthritis of the knee joint.
Types of disease
When diagnosing, several of the most common varieties of arthritis are distinguished, differing in the nature of their occurrence:
- rheumatoid. A common form of knee disease. The reason is a hereditary predisposition, hormonal disorders, bad habits, infections, injuries, hypothermia, etc.
- post-traumatic. Development begins as a result of closed injuries of the knee joints, which are accompanied by hemarthrosis (hemorrhage in the joint),
- deforming - a degenerative joint disease that is characterized by pain and swelling resulting from increased destruction of the cartilage,
- reactive. Among the causes are often called infections that affect the urinary or digestive system,
- purulent. The appearance of symptoms is provoked by staphylococci and other infectious pathogens. The disease can be diagnosed in both children and adults. At the same time, it’s quite difficult to identify the root cause,
- gouty. The disease occurs due to the deposition of uric acid salts and disorders in metabolic processes. The disease is more common in men than in women. With this variety, articular cartilage crumbles, and the formed cavities are filled with crystals of sodium urate (uric acid salt). Symptoms are the appearance of acute pain, more often at night,
- in the area of localization, arthritis of the knee joint is unilateral or bilateral.
The concept of arthrosis-arthritis of the knee joint is absent in medical classifiers, but doctors often use the name when diagnosing a patient. In this case, there are failures in the work of the ligament-cartilaginous node, combined with inflammation of the joint.
An obvious sign of this condition is aching pain, increasing with physical exertion. The appearance of such symptoms should force the patient to take the help of a doctor, in time to receive his consultation and appropriate appointments. If you do not do this at all or postpone a visit to a specialist for a long time, then subsequent treatment may not give a positive effect, which will further increase the chances of developing a severe form of joint disease.
The degrees and forms of arthritis of the knee
As the arthritis of the knee progresses, cartilage becomes thinner, which is necessary to protect the base of adjacent bones. The disease affects the joint, which accounts for a large weight load. Bone tissue becomes fragile and vulnerable, is destroyed, forming bone spurs, damaging muscles and nerve endings. This leads to joint deformation and stiffness.
The mechanism of arthritis is not fully understood. It is only known that change can occur at any age, and overweight accelerates the course of destructive processes in the joints.
The manifestation of knee arthritis can be both a consequence of various diseases, and an independently developing disease. For this reason, the primary and secondary form of the disease is isolated. With primary arthritis, deformation and thinning of the cartilage cavity occur. Lupus erythematosus, rheumatism and psoriasis provoke the development of secondary arthritis.
Often the onset of the disease proceeds imperceptibly, there are no serious complications, the shape and size of the bone does not change. In such cases, prophylactic studies, of which, according to the analysis prescribed by the doctor, are able to identify the disease at an initial or early stage, are of particular importance.
This is especially true for the risk group - patients whose relatives suffer from a similar ailment.
Causes of Knee Arthritis
Bone deformities of the knee joint may be accompanied by inflammatory processes in the muscles. This significantly affects posture and gait. It is a misconception that the cause of arthritis is the elderly patient and age-related changes that occur in the body. Some varieties of knee arthritis can occur between the ages of 25 and 55. It is worth noting that women are three times more likely to be sick than men.
Although knee arthritis cannot be completely cured, treatment in the early stages alleviates the onset of symptoms. Due to timely treatment, the likelihood of developing loss of joint mobility is low. The exception is a small percentage of patients with severe forms and unknown causes of the disease (5% -10%).
The disease is often associated with those who often and heavily loaded the joint, due to too intense or professional sports. It is this category of patients that suffers from the disease, since the integrity of the cartilage and bone, which is impaired as a result of injuries and heavy loads, cannot naturally, independently be restored.
Studies by doctors indicate that the disease can develop against a background of immunodeficiency. This is associated with malfunctions of the immune system, which contribute to the self-destruction of bone tissue. Knee arthritis is not contagious and cannot be transmitted from the patient to healthy. Only some people have a high probability of developing the disease, and it is explained by a genetic or hereditary predisposition. Often, the detection of knee arthritis in children appears against a background of allergies or thyroid dysfunctions.
Arthritis of the knee joint is a dangerous disease that leads to many complications. There are over 100 different types of disease. That is why it is necessary to know the symptoms, preventive measures and treatment methods that help to exclude or suspend the course of a dangerous ailment. Of the total number of cases - in 80% of the disease affects the knee joint. Given prevalence, you need to better study the problem in order to protect yourself and take the necessary measures in time.
The common symptoms characteristic of any kind of knee arthritis are known:
- stiffness in the affected joint in the morning,
- aching or sharp pain at night,
- inflammation, swelling, redness of the skin,
- in severe forms - a partial loss of the motor function of the joint, deformation and a visible increase in the size of the knee.
In most cases, arthritis affects both knee joints. The patient is worried about fever and fatigue. With the advanced form, a Baker cyst may appear, a decrease in tendon mobility and atrophy of muscle tissue can occur.
There are systemic manifestations of the disease:
- eye damage
- heart muscle
- vascular atherosclerosis,
- lung diseases, etc.
With infectious arthritis of the knee, the body temperature rises significantly (up to 39 degrees), periodic pains appear in all joints, swelling of the knee, as well as the development of dermatitis. A distinctive feature of gouty arthritis is the deterioration of the general condition of the patient after taking alcohol. Some species appear as crimson or cyanotic spots on the skin.
The pain syndrome is aggravated by incomplete flexion (since the greatest tension of the tendon occurs) or extension of the knee. Walking up the stairs, getting up from a sitting position, and squatting is almost impossible. With left-sided arthritis, driving a car is usually difficult, as the discomfort intensifies when you press the car pedals. Most often, pain, due to arthritis, develops gradually, but a sudden onset of pain is also possible.
Osteoarticular anatomy and the mechanism of the disease
It's important to know! Doctors in shock: “An effective and affordable remedy for ARTHRITA exists.” Read more.
The knee joint consists of the final parts of the femur and tibia, which are interconnected using ligaments and tendons.
Ligaments are strong connective tissue fibers in the inner and outer parts of the articular joint. Ligaments connect the bone to the bone.
Tendons are no less strong fibers that pass into the muscle and connect it to the bone. Tendons form a framework connection with the bone that surrounds the joint on all sides. Inside this anatomical formation is a joint capsule filled with synovial fluid.
The role of the synovial capsule is the nutrition of the cartilage joint with useful substances and the reduction of friction between the articular joint of the knee. Movements in the joint are provided by muscles that contracting in the posterior femoral part, bend the knee, and while contracting the anterior thigh muscle, unbend it.
The articular surfaces of the bones are covered with cartilage - a smooth solid substance, the main role of which is to protect the bones, their amortization. A fundamental factor in the development of rheumatoid arthritis of the knee joint is the destruction of cartilage under the influence of:
- excess weight
- increased load on the joint,
- age-related changes
- toxic substances
- genetic predisposition
- infection of the joints.
As a result of the violation of the biomechanics of the joint, cracks appear on the surface of the cartilage, which fragment it, leading to a violation of the anatomical integrity.
All these processes are accompanied by an inflammatory reaction. Gradually, if not treated, the bone areas lose their cartilage, which leads to mechanical irritation, wear of the terminal bone surface, its compaction, and the formation of bone growths - osteophytes.
Symptoms and treatment
Damage to the knee joint with rheumatoid arthritis is accompanied by pain, aggravated by any physical exertion. Pain in the joint is accompanied by stiffness, crunching, limited mobility. It becomes difficult for a person to do the usual daily work.
The onset of the disease corresponds to acute or subacute clinical symptoms, which lasts several months or years. Joint syndrome is accompanied by morning stiffness and lasts from 30 minutes to one hour. Similar sensations occur at night. The spontaneous or persistent nature of the pain increases with movement.
The lecture is not about RA treatment:
Symptoms and treatment of rheumatoid arthritis of the knee joint depend on the degree of destruction of the articular cartilage (see table).
|Progression of Rheumatoid Arthritis||The main symptomatic signs|
|Rheumatoid arthritis of the 1st degree||The initial stage is characterized by periarticular swelling of the synovial capsule, joint pain with minor physical exertion, redness of the area affected by arthritis, local temperature increase|
|Rheumatoid arthritis 2 degrees||Rapid cell division of connective tissues leads to a compaction of the synovial membrane, which significantly affects the motor activity of the affected joint|
|Rheumatoid arthritis 3 degrees||The released enzymes of the inflamed cells spread to nearby bone segments and cartilage, which leads to their deformation. Increased pain, partial loss of motor functions of the knee joint become more pronounced|
Clinical symptoms may have extra-articular manifestations when the vital organs of the cardiovascular, endocrine, genitourinary, and respiratory systems are affected.
The therapeutic response to rheumatoid arthritis of the knee joint is not straightforward. It depends on the causal factor of joint damage. If an infectious component is involved in the mechanism of the development of the disease, the introduction of antibacterial activity drugs is required.
With a hereditary form of clinical pathology, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, corticosteroid drugs, chondroprotectors, physiotherapy, and manual treatment are included in the course of treatment. Mandatory for a successful recovery diet food, physiotherapy exercises, massage, spa treatment.
The non-steroidal anti-inflammatory activity (NSAID) drugs are included in the systemic basis of drug treatment:
- Melokvitis® - a drug of the Russian manufacturer LLC “TRIVIUM-XXI”. The solution for intramuscular administration has an antipyretic, anti-inflammatory effect. A dosage form with an active active ingredient - meloxicam - is recommended for all types of joint diseases of a degenerative-inflammatory nature: rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, any type of deforming arthrosis. Contraindications: gastric ulcer, hepatic and renal disorders, the adolescent age of the patient is up to 16 years,
- very effective drug Ibuklin® Indian manufacturer “DR. REDDY`S LABORATORIES LTD. ”. The medicine has all the properties of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory groups. The main active ingredients of the pharmaceutical product are ibuprofen and paracetamol. Contraindications: systemic lesions of the organs of the gastrointestinal tract, genitourinary and respiratory systems,
- a solution for intramuscular administration is a popular non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug Injectran® Russian company LLC ELLARA. Thanks to the active substance - chondroitin sodium sulfate - the drug regulates calcium-phosphorus metabolism in the cartilage structure, slows down calcium loss and bone resorption. Contraindications: individual intolerance of the active biochemical substance, pregnancy and lactation.
The use of glucocosteroids, chondroprotectors and other medications of basic therapy is considered by the attending physician individually, taking into account the patient's age, gender, degree of complexity of neurological pathology.
All pharmacological combinations are presented for information and are not treatment without the direct appointment of a consulting specialist.
Report on the topic of drug treatment:
Even the "running" ARTHRITIS can be cured at home! Just remember to smear it once a day.
The safest and no less effective method of treatment is traditional medicine, which, combined with official therapy, significantly improves the patient's condition, provided that all the doctor's instructions are strictly followed.
Several recipes that are most effective in treating rheumatoid arthritis of the knee in the initial stage of inflammation:
- recipe number 1 from raw potatoes. For a few seconds, grated (peeled) potatoes are immersed in hot water and applied to the damaged portion of the knee. The treatment mixture must also be fixed with a cellophane film and a warm wool fabric,
- recipe number 2. You can eliminate acute pain with a weak solution of table vinegar. The food product is mixed with warm water in a proportional ratio of 1: 2 and applied to the joint in the form of a warming compress. This procedure is performed before going to bed,
- recipe number 3. Onion peel (1/2 cup) is brewed with 200 ml of water. After cooling to a comfortable temperature, gauze or a medical bandage is moistened in a medicinal solution and applied to the knee joint,
- recipe number 4. Honey and juice of black radish will help to remove a pain attack. 20 g of honey and a tablespoon of baking soda are added to a tablespoon of juice. All ingredients are mixed and applied to the sore spot in the form of a compress. Already in the morning there is an activation of vitality, as the oppressive stiffness in the joints recedes, a noticeable relaxation of the muscles is felt,
- recipe number 5. An excellent result will be given by a compression mixture of vodka, honey and mustard powder. To make a homemade medicine, you need 100 ml of vodka or diluted alcohol, a tablespoon of a natural beekeeping product and a teaspoon of dry mustard powder. The whole mixture is mixed, infused for 1.5-2 hours in a dry place. With such a medicine, the diseased joint is lubricated and aged for 10-12 hours. Fixation with cling film and woolen cloth is required.
Данные рецепты народной медицины рекомендуются при отсутствии аллергической реакции на действующие лечебные компоненты.
В программу народного лечения ревматоидного артрита можно включить ежедневные хвойные или соляные ванночки, которые снимут воспалительную реакцию, успокоят нервную систему человека.
Домашней физиопроцедурой может стать глиняное и парафиновое обертывание коленного сустава. Such medical procedures are performed 30-40 minutes before bedtime.
Nutrition for Rheumatoid Arthritis
Official and traditional medicine will be ineffective if dietary norms are not followed during the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis. Completely exclude foods that lead to an exacerbation of neurological pathology, strengthen your diet with healthy foods.
|Prohibited Products||Healthy foods|
|Any types of citrus fruits: tangerines, oranges, lemons, etc. Vegetables from the nightshade family: tomato, potato, eggplant. Meat products: pork, beef. Cereals: wheat, corn, millet, buckwheat. Sweets: chocolate, cakes, sweets, ice cream. Drinks: cocoa, strong tea, whole milk. Canned fish. Salt, mushrooms, alcohol, spicy, fried, spicy, smoked food||Vegetables: anything except tomatoes, potatoes and eggplant. Meat: veal, rabbit, chicken. Cereals: rice, oats. Drinks: dairy products, natural juices. Fish products: all kinds of marine fish fauna and vegetable seafood|
When preparing a balanced diet, it is advisable to consult a healthcare professional and / or dietitian. Nutrition for rheumatoid arthritis provides dietary recommendations, compiled according to the method of M. I. Pevzner - the founder of Soviet dietetics and clinical gastroenterology.
With rheumatoid arthritis, diet No. 10 is recommended with a daily intake of organic compounds:
- proteins - not more than 90 g, of which 50 g - of animal origin,
- fat - not more than 80 g, of which 25 g are of vegetable origin,
- carbohydrates - not more than 350 g.
Calorie content of products should not exceed 2500-2800 kcal, and the daily dose of fluid intake according to M.I. Pevzner is no more than 2 liters. All food is prepared in a salt-free way by thorough boiling or steaming. The diet includes fresh vegetables and fruits.
Strengthening the biosynthesis of glucocorticosteroids is carried out by introducing vitamin C into the diet, which are rich in:
- rose hip
- bell pepper
- cauliflower and white cabbage,
To enrich the body with calcium, it is necessary to intercellularly absorb vitamin D (calciferol), which is found in most marine fauna products, for example, in mackerel or tuna, in natural plant (parsley, nettle) and animals (egg yolk, animal liver) components.
Stickers with lidocaine will help alleviate the suffering of a person by reducing the pain symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis of the knee. You can buy such a drug in any pharmacy network without a prescription.
Lidocaine is a local anesthetic that, when absorbed into the skin surface, causes blockade of sodium channels and provides stabilizing activity of neuronal membranes.
To eliminate pain symptoms, the Versatis® lidocaine patch from the German manufacturer GRUNENTHAL GmbH, which is glued to the source of pain (knee joint), will help. The effect of the drug is 10-12 hours.
Rheumatoid arthritis of the knee joint is accompanied by muscle weakness. Due to the wear of the articular surface, a natural approach of the bones of the lower limb occurs, which leads to an imbalance of muscles. It is possible to strengthen the musculoskeletal and ligamentous apparatus with special tapes (kinesiotape). An elastic patch with an acrylic thermoactive coating is applied to the lateral knee ligaments, patella.
The application of teips will reduce the pain effect, improve blood and lymph flow in the osteoarticular segment, and provide the knee with a certain degree of freedom. Kinesiology taping of the knee can be used for 5-7 days.
The use of ointments with capsaicin
There is another substance for external use that effectively eliminates the pain symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis of the knee joint.
Capsaicin is an alkali found in red pepper. Based on this organic compound, drugs are produced to relieve pain:
- Nikoflex® Hungarian manufacturer Reanal. Ointment for external use has a combined effect (absorbable effect, locally irritating and analgesic). The drug is widely used for myalgia, arthritis, sprain, sciatica, etc. For diseases of the joints, it is recommended to apply the ointment with a thin layer on the painful areas no more than once a day. Contraindications and restrictions: violation of the integrity of the skin in the area of therapeutic action, individual intolerance to the main active substance - capsaicin,
- Espol® - ointment for external use from JSC "NIZHFARM" (Russia). The drug has a local irritating, analgesic effect due to the extract of capsicum. The ointment is applied in a thin layer to the affected area of the knee no more than 2-3 times a day. To enhance the therapeutic effect, a dry warming dressing is applied on top of the drug. The duration of treatment should not exceed 7 days. Contraindications: allergic dependence on the active substance, violation of the integrity of the skin at the site of the lesion, pregnancy and breastfeeding in women, children under 7 years of age.
The proposed treatment methods do not eliminate the neurological problem, but only temporarily relieve pain symptoms in rheumatoid arthritis of the knee.
Forecast and Prevention
A complicating factor of a neurological disease is deforming arthrosis of the knee joint, when an X-ray examination reveals a noticeable proliferation of bone growths (osteophytes) on the articular surface.
Cartilage becomes flabby with multiple cracks and a loose surface, which exacerbates the clinical symptoms. The joint becomes naughty (motionless), and pain attacks are practically absent. Such a neurological pathology requires more radical methods of treatment, that is, surgical correction - endoprosthetics or other surgical measures.
To prevent this situation, you should deal with your joints from an early age.
A person needs to follow a few simple rules of therapeutic prophylaxis, which will help keep the joints in a healthy condition:
- Avoid hypothermia and infection of the body.
- Wear comfortable shoes to reduce stress on the joints.
- Watch your diet so that as much as possible products with vitamin and mineral components, especially calcium, enter the body.
- Constantly keep your body in a athletic tone, get rid of extra pounds, comply with dietary norms of nutrition, actively engage in sports.
- In case of the slightest discomfort in the osteoarticular segments, it is necessary to consult a doctor.
By a personal example of a healthy lifestyle, you will ensure healthy well-being for your joints and provide children with invaluable services in the future. Take care of yourself and be healthy!
How to forget about joint pain and arthritis?
- Joint pain limits your movement and full life ...
- You are worried about discomfort, crunching and systematic pain ...
- Perhaps you have tried a bunch of drugs, creams and ointments ...
- But judging by the fact that you are reading these lines, they did not help you much ...
But orthopedist Valentin Dikul claims that a truly effective remedy for ARTHRITIS exists! Read more >>>
In addition to the visual method for detecting signs of arthritis, it is possible to determine by palpation. This will require a visit to the doctor, where a mandatory medical examination will be carried out. The doctor will perform an examination examining the patient’s gait and condition. The specialist objectively examines the range of motion, the presence of lameness, the degree of swelling and soreness of the joint.
If necessary, a radiography is indicated, showing the presence of a narrowing of the joint space in the knee joint. If the disease is not treated, then in most cases it becomes chronic.
Specialists distinguish 3 main stages of development:
- I (initial). Pain and discomfort are short-lived, disturbing in the morning, at night or when the weather changes. On the x-ray, the first signs of thinning of the bones, an increase in the density of muscle tissue, as well as a narrowing of the joint space appear.
- II. Abnormal changes become more noticeable, swelling and pain are pronounced, there is a limitation of knee mobility. The image shows erosion, drying out of the cartilage with a simultaneous thickening of the capsule, narrowing of the lumen of the cartilage.
- ІІІ. The picture shows extensive muscular dystrophy, signs of bone deformation, increased growth of connective tissue, and deposition of salts in the joint. Articular cartilage tissue is almost completely destroyed.
When diagnosing arthritis, a blood test and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) can be used.
How to treat the disease at home?
When treating joint disease with alternative methods, it should be noted that some formulations are intended for external use, the rest are for oral administration.
With the simultaneous use of both of them, the healing process is significantly accelerated.
Means for oral administration:
- lingonberry leaves in an amount of 2 tsp. pour 1 cup boiling water, insist the broth for 15 minutes under a closed lid, strain and drink several sips throughout the day,
- marsh cinquefoil effective for mild and severe forms of arthritis: 70% alcohol tincture of a medicinal plant should be drunk 2 times a day for 30 drops for 10 days,
- tincture of Lungwort (present bedstraw) is taken in the morning and after dinner, 25-30 drops for 7-10 days,
- dioica nettle, linden flowers, burdock root and parsley mixed in equal parts, 1 tbsp. l pour the mixture with 1 cup of boiled water and close it tightly with a lid, insist for a quarter of an hour, strain through several layers of gauze and drink inside 0.5 cups after breakfast and in the evening.
Means for external use:
- A chicken egg with a shell is poured with vinegar essence in an amount of 200 ml. For 3 days, you need to put the container in a dark and inaccessible place for children. During this time, the egg and shell will dissolve in the liquid. The composition is added 200 g of butter. The ointment is rubbed into a sore spot in a day. It should be stored in a cold place.
- Burdock treat any form of arthritis. Wraps are used, for which 5-7 medium-sized sheets of burdock will be needed. So that the juice comes out and is absorbed into the skin, they are stacked in a pile, and a pot of hot water is placed on top. Another option: you need to crush the leaves in your hands or grind them to a state of homogeneous gruel. Whole leaves are applied to the knee with a smooth surface. The crushed mass is distributed on a piece of gauze or clean tissue, and then pressed against a sore spot. The joint is wrapped with plastic wrap, then with a warm scarf or scarf. On the surface of the sheets, you can apply honey, a few drops of cologne, Vishnevsky ointment or add them to the pulp from burdocks.
- Clay successfully treats acute and chronic forms of arthritis. It relieves redness, anesthetizes, cools irritated skin, and reduces swelling. Water is added to the clay powder until it becomes plastic. Several layers of clay are applied evenly on the affected joint. Moisture evaporates quickly, so the knee, as in the previous case, is covered with a film and a warm, woolen cloth.
- Fresh nettle leaves, thanks to valuable substances penetrating the skin through needles, have a pronounced therapeutic effect. The diseased joint is wrapped with 2-3 layers of gauze, leaves are superimposed on it, then the knee is wrapped with a wide bandage. The technique of the procedure is simplified if the nettle collected in a bundle overlooks the sore spot, then grease it with honey, Vishnevsky ointment or other therapeutic composition.
- Quick relief is achieved by using bee stings. On the first day of treatment, 1 insect should be planted on the knee, one more is added to each subsequent one. Starting from day 10, when the number of bites will be equal to 10, the bees are applied less by one.
- Lilac flowers should fill an empty vodka bottle. The alcohol composition previously poured into another container is again poured into a glass container with a plant. It is placed in a cool, dark place and insisted for at least 2 weeks. Tincture is rubbed into a sore knee from 1 week to a half-month period.
Some more recommendations in this video:
Important! You can not use alcoholic compounds more than 1 time per day, because they can cause burns to the skin.
Cold or warm?
How to treat rheumatoid arthritis of the knee in case of alarming symptoms: crunch, severe pain, stiffness of movements? If the disease develops suddenly, accompanied by swelling, redness of tissues, fever - you can not warm the sore spot.
Compresses, rubbing warming ointments with acute attacks of arthritis are strictly prohibited. Heat causes the rapid development of infection, increased inflammation, and then treatment of the knee can lead to disastrous consequences.
The severity of signs of acute arthritis can be reduced by soothing and irritating formulations with a mild analgesic effect.
Attacks pass quickly, but if they are wave-like, and relapses are noted every 5-7 days - this is a serious cause for concern.
Joint pathology caused by gout, osteoporosis, tuberculosis or autoimmune inflammation is difficult to cure, and the treatment will take more than one year.
Warming procedures and compresses are recommended for the chronic course of arthritis of the knee joint, when edema and redness are not observed visually, and the pains are aching, permanent, worse during exertion (climbing stairs, standing on legs, long walking).
Acceleration of processes at the molecular level starts the processes of tissue repair and regeneration, enhances blood flow, with which valuable substances enter the affected tissues.
Attention! Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs used at home can reduce pain by 98-100%. But the decision on the appropriateness of their use is made only by the attending physician.
Knee Arthritis Treatment
The treatment of knee arthritis depends on the form and symptoms of the disease. Usually begins with analgesic therapy to help relieve pain and increase mobility of the knee joint. If the diagnosis is made, the patient is recommended to change some habits and habitual way of life, take care of reducing the load on the knee, which will lead to a decrease in pain. If the patient is overweight, then a proper and professionally developed program for losing weight is necessary. She must combine effective diet and exercise.
The choice of a set of exercises should be entrusted to a professional trainer, since he should not harm or contribute to the further development of the disease. Swimming is good, but it is better to refuse to run or long walk. Flexibility exercises will lead to improved performance and effective treatment of the knee joint.
What do the doctor's say?
Inflammation within or periarticular regions is caused by:
- acute infectious diseases
- viral pathologies
- deposits of urinary salts (gouty arthritis),
- systemic disease of connective tissue (rheumatoid arthritis).
One joint (monoarthritis) or several (polyarthritis) is affected. The disease develops in the form of an attack (acute arthritis) or has a long, sluggish character (chronic arthritis).
Pathology is diagnosed not only in an adult, but can also be detected in a child. In children, it develops after previous infectious and viral diseases, as well as as a result of disorders in the immune system (juvenile arthritis).
Important! You can not self-medicate at home without a preliminary examination in a hospital facility. Based on an accurate diagnosis, the specialist prescribes complex measures and can recommend procedures that are carried out at home.
Not knowing the reason that provoked arthritis, a patient with independent attempts can aggravate a serious physical condition.
Alternative methods of treatment can be recommended by a specialist, but not by friends or acquaintances who have encountered the same problem.
Medicines and medical devices
Arthritis of the knee joint is in most cases characterized by inflammation and pain. Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs can relieve acute inflammation. These are Ibuprofen and Naproxen. Prednisone can not only remove inflammation, but can also support the rehabilitation of arthritis of the knee joints.. Drugs must be selected with special care, because the effect of many can be accompanied by side effects, especially if long-term use is required. The treatment of knee arthritis is almost never performed without special supportive or supportive devices. An ordinary cane, knee pad, orthopedic shoes will help to facilitate movement, make it possible to painlessly bend and unbend the knee joint.
В большинстве случаев от артрита коленного сустава страдает взрослое и пожилое население земного шара. Многие люди полагают, что болезнь – неотъемлемая часть процесса старения и вообще не ищут действенных способов лечения. But, the achievements of traditional medicine and modern alternative methods of therapy, as well as timely diagnosis and treatment can significantly improve the quality of life of people suffering from this disease.
This should be considered.
It must be remembered that:
- The treatment of arthritis of the knee joint at home requires a preliminary examination, on the basis of which an accurate diagnosis will be made. The alternative method is recommended by the attending physician. Independent decisions can lead to trouble.
- In acute attacks and elevated body temperature, warming compounds and compresses should not be used. They are effective in the chronic form of the disease.
- Violation of the technique of the procedure or the wrong combination of components in the compositions threaten with serious complications.
Home treatment is carried out under the supervision of the attending physician. Procedures can not be carried out, guided only by their own feelings.
There are many cases when patients actively engaged in self-medication ended up in a hospital bed in serious condition.
For example, warming ointments were used, after which instant relief came. But it lasted several hours, and then the inflammatory process flared up with renewed vigor.
Purulent arthritis, which often develops after severe injuries and infections, is especially dangerous in this regard. Patients should be aware that their own life is at stake.
And finally, another recipe for knee pain, which makes the ligaments more elastic:
- Natural honey - 200 g,
- Sesame seeds - 4 tbsp. l
- Sunflower Seeds - 40 g,
- Flax seeds - 8 tbsp. l
- Raisins - 3 tbsp. l
- Edible gelatin - 2 tbsp. l
You may also be interested in these FREE materials:
- Proper nutrition for the health of the spine and joints: 10 essential components of nutrition for a healthy spine
- Are you worried about osteochondrosis? We recommend that you familiarize yourself with these effective treatments for osteochondrosis of the cervical, thoracic, and lumbar spine without medication.
- Does the pain caused by arthrosis of the knee or hip joints give rest? The free book “A step-by-step plan for restoring mobility of the knee and hip joints with arthrosis” will help you cope with the disease at home, without hospitals and drugs.
- Free books: “TOP-7 harmful exercises for morning exercises that you should avoid” and “7 major mistakes in fitness training for a beginner at home and in the gym” - after reading these books, you will learn how the features of building training for beginners differ compared with training for people who have been engaged in fitness for a long time.
- A free unique training course “Secrets of the treatment of lumbar osteochondrosis” from a licensed physical therapy doctor who developed a unique system for the restoration of all parts of the spine, which has already helped more than 2,000 clients!
- Simple methods for relieving acute pain when pinching the sciatic nerve, see this video